How are you today? I feel so Vintage today and finally made something nice for you to view, this is my pleasure:-))
Well, this is Tussy Mussy.
What is tussy mussy? According to some web search, it's a Victorian-style bouquet where a small bouquet of flowers is carried in a metal vase specifically designed to be carried. Often comes with a stand so that at the reception it can become a centerpiece.
I am a cardmaker, papercrafter, so I incorporated this idea into papercraft. I used patterned paper instead a metal vase to carry the small bouquet of flowers! It was so easy to make and I bet you will be addicted once you try it!
OK, Here are some materials needed:
Magnolia Tilda stamp that you can get it here, and I colored with Copic Ciao Markers.
1. Patterned paper as the base. I used Magnolia Patterned Paper- Lazy Summer Days ~ White Lace. Cut the paper 20cmx22cm and roll it into a cone shape.
2. Vintage patterned paper- my friend Martina from Austria gave me as gift long time ago..thank you very much Martina.
3. More and more embelishments~ paper flowers from Prima Marketing and Tab Craft(unfortunately she closed it due to some personal issue, but it's a good one:-)), Head Pins,Pearls, Pearls chain, crystal brands which I got from my local shop for some very valueable price:-))
4. Doily ~ gift from Malin, my fellow Magnolia DT from Sweden.Thank you very much Malin.
~As long as you can get some embelishments from your stash then you can make this very simple yet beautiful Tussy Mussy:-))
How I make it:
1.Glue white lace and brown trim on the 2 sides of the patterned paper.
Roll the 20cmx22cm patterned paper into a cone shape.It will make the Tussy Mussy 29cm in height.
2. Roll the Vintage patterned paper to cover the cone shape.
3. Cut a medium lace flower from a used tablecolth ( I have a lot of this used tablecloth, and it's antique, I think:-) and glue it on the Vintage patterned paper.
4. Decorate the flowers, head pins, crystal brands as the picture shown.
5. Glue the colored Tilda on the Tussy Mussy...I also put some Ice stickles on her wing and shoes:-)
I also "swinged" the pearls chain along the Tussy Mussy to make it more elegant:-) You can decorate anything as you wish:-)
Paper flowers made the Tussy Mussy looks stunning. I love paper flowers:-)
Thank you for your viewing, if you have a friend who you want to give her a gift and you can try out this idea...put some small goodies..crafting supplies into the Tussy Mussy...she/he must be very happy when they received it.
I had fun making this little gem in this afternoon...hope that you get some inspiration and try it!
Here I want to share some of the photos we taken when we bring our kids to a beach that near Malacca, the historical city in Malaysia. Yileen had fun playing at the beach and she reminded me she wanted to go again. The beach is very beautiful and the village has some stalls to sell fresh fish too:-)) The kids enjoyed very much, unfortunately Sam has photopbobia( LOL), I hardly show his photo here:-((
Thanks for viewing too:-))Hope you have a great weekend !