Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Magnolia DT Card~ Magnolia INK #2 Magazine Front Page Card~Tilda Chasing Butterflies~How to make a Magnolia Tilda Card



GOSH!! The title is super long :-)) Oh my...I have waited too long to show you this card which featured on the front page of Magnolia INK #2 Magazine.....have you seen that?? I bet you have...but today I want to show you the whole card and a tutorial how to make a Magnolia Tilda card:-))

The card is very simple indeed and took me an afternoon to complete it.Thus...it's easy and simple to make a pretty-Scandinavia-Magnolia cards...as long as you know some tips....OK, here we go....
All Materials from Magnolia rubberstamps, Sweden,except Ice stickles from Ranger, pearls from Prima Marketing
A) Tilda:
1) Stamp Tilda and flowers on Neenah white paper as the picture shown, you can stamp them on any white color paper as long as the color do not blur when you do your coloring.
2) Color Tilda with any color medium that you are comfortable with. For this Tilda,I colored it with Steadtler Color Pencils, blended with paper stumps and sansodor.
3) I used Vintage Photo distress ink to color the soil, add more water if you want light color and vs.
4) Stamp butterfly on the left hand side of Tilda. Stamp again on scrap paper, color it and cut out.Glue on the stamped butterfly, fold a bit to make it dimensional.
5) Sponge the edges of whole white paper with Vintage Photo distress ink ( this is my favourite color:-) and sponge more inside the card.
6) Mat the white paper on a light green cardstock, slightly bigger than it. Set aside...waiting to be use later....my cute Tilda;-))
(B) Label
1) Stamp Label on the Neenah white paper. Sponge Vintage Photo distress ink on it. Write some wording...I copied from Internet. Set a side.
(C) Card base ( I am so sorry that I totally forgot about the sizes of all the papers I used on this card...so sorry)
1) This is a 6"x6" card. I use burgandy color cardstock as the base.
2) Cut the ladybug patterned paper slightly smaller than 6"x6". I think maybe 5"x5"...oh...I really forgot...
3) Cut the green patterned paper bigger than the light green cardstock that you set aside before (that has Tilda on it)..Punch the right hand side with Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch.
4) Cut three burgandy gingham ribbons and adhere on the back of light green cardstock as shown on the picture. Two ribbons at the upper side and one on the bottom.
5) Mat the light green cardstock on the green patterned paper.
6) Place two ribbons( polka dot burgandy ribbon and sheer burgandy ribbon) on the ladybug patterned paper.
7) Adhere the whole green patterned paper( there has light green cardstock with Tilda on it) on the ladybug patterned paper ( with two ribbons on it).
8) Adhere the stamped label beside the green patterned paper.
9)Place all the flowers, leaves, rhinestones,pearls as shown on the picture. I punched the leaves with Martha Stewart punch.
10) Put some Ice stickles on flowers, label and butterfly.
Viola ! You have your very cute Magnolia Tilda card.
Some tips for you:
!) Use light patterned papers. Magnolia patterned papers are recommanded.
2) Use flowers...flowers...and flowers.....
3) Use distress inks to sponge the edges of papers....Vintage Photo, Antique linen, tea-dye ...
4) Use rhinestones, pearls, stickles to make it more elegant and stunning.
5) If able, make the card full with layers......
Further reading:
1. Distress Ink coloring:
2. Copic Coloring:


I do hope you have fun to make the Magnolia Tilda card as I have and I wish that this mini tutorial can help you a bit:-)) Please forgive my poor English in this mini tutorial.:-)

Happy Magnolia-ingggggggggg!!!!!!!


12 comments:

COCO said...

Waouh !!
You card is very very very very very beautiful !! i love it !!
hugs coco

celia said...

Woooooaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuw what more can I say!!!!!Hugs,Celia.

Gry-Beate said...

OMG, i have this magazin, and youre card is so beautiful!!!

;0)Gry-Beate

Jodie from Oz said...

Congrats on the front cover Ying, your card is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing all your amazing details with us. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Renkata said...

I don't have the Magazine, but always wonder, who have made this card..... Absolutly divine.

Fairy said...

ta carte est magnifique bravo
Biz

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Ying,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

sweet card Ying !!! love the colours !!
hugs tina46

Helle said...

Hello Ying
Beautiful cards,you clever girl!
I've got something for you in my blog.
Hugs from Helle

Spyder said...

An Amazing card

Monique Lokhorst said...

Hello Ying,

Congratulions with you card on the cover of Magnolia Ink! I love the design. Have a great week!

Hugs from Holland,
Monique xxx

debbies said...

I just bought this magazine and loved your card (it's actually what got me to purchase). Hope to see more of your work in future issues.