Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Distress inks coloring tutorial for beginner

Hello my dear friends,
I am very excited to show you my very first distress inks coloring tutorial for beginner. I wish to apologize that I took so long to post this tutorial because I have mixed up the photos and I have a very hard time to make them in to pictures files.
My english is very poor so that I just can use very basic and simple english to write down my coloring experince. These are the steps I used to color my Tilda. I am NOT a coloring expert and I just want to share what I do with you:-)

OK, some people asked me why I choose distress inks not copic?
I have some reason, the first thing is, because it's cheaper compare to Copic, secondly, it's easy to use:-))
If you have any questions that you are not clear, you can email me, I will try to answer if I can.:-))
::Please click the pictures to make it more clearer to read::
If you want to link my tutorial to your site, please let me know beforehand, thank you very much.

I hope that you will enjoy my tutorial and try your own!

Edit: I received many emails regarding watercoloring papers that I use, well, it's from Norway and it's a gift from my friend Helle, I really don't know the brand of the papers. But there has many brand like Canson, Fabrino, Arches out there, try googled them and if possible get the "hot pressed" one:-)












15 comments:

Tanya said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :D

Teresa said...

Hello Ying,
I have always wanted to learn to paint with inks and your tutorial is great, I will definatley give it a try now. Also your english is better than you think.
Hugs Teresa xx

Unknown said...

Very nice tutorial. I've tried using distress ink once so far, and it was not successful, so maybe I'll give it another go. Thanks again! Leah Ann

Jan Scholl said...

You did excellent presentations! As for your English, I live near a big US city and I can't understand half what they say! I would rather talk with you any day. Thank you for such a wonderful art show.

Jan in Michigan Insomniac with glitter

Paula said...

This is great! I can't wait to try this. Can you recommend a watercolor paper? I now know what I'll be doing this weekend - Thank you so much!

Panagiota said...

Thanks so much Tanya for the tutorial,I try this today!!
Thanks again
Hugs
Panagiota

Unknown said...

Wow great tutorial I will try it!!
Thanks again

cabio's craft corner said...

Your distressed coloring is so cool Ying. Thanks for sharing this tutorial!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

Thanks you so very much for the tutorial -- I sure did need this!!!
Thanks again -
sandy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Ying!
You did a great job of your tutorial.
your English is very good.
Hugs Maz

LindaC said...

Thank you for your tutorial. I understood your English perfectly.
I appreciate you taking your time to do the tutorial and sharing your talent. Linda C
Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog DT

Candy said...

Thank you, Ying, for your excellent tutorial.
I will have to try this when I get some more distress inks :o)
Hugs, Candy

Noddy said...

Hello Ying, thank you so much for this great tutorial. I'm looking for coloring technique using Distress Ink and thank God I found you.

Ra said...

Beautiful results with distress inks! Thank you for sharing this cost-effective way of coloring images! You are truly talented! Thank you for sharing your work!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Hi Ying! Thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial. You did a great job on it & your English was perfect.
I will definitely give this a try.
Thank you again!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥